The cost of the class is $1600. If you buy this item you are just paying the $500 deposit to reserve your spot. The remaining balance ($1100) is due Feb 10, 2015.
This is a complete intensive certification level course in the Vibrational Sound Massage (VSM) technique. Be prepared for 7 days of fun learning in the most relaxing modality available. Never has learning been so free of stress. The VSM method is based on relaxation and eliminating stress and we will be practicing daily. This class covers all four levels of the VSM training and provides the practitioner with all of the knowledge of VSM and a certificate to practice VSM professionally. This course teaches everything you need to know to use singing bowls and other unique instruments on and around the body for relaxation and therapy. This full course provides a full intensive training in the VSM method, everything from the history of singing to the advanced applications of a modern engineered singing bowl. After completion of the course you will be able to practice the VSM method professionally with this certification.
Who is the Vibrational Sound Association (VSA)
Founded by Jeff Howard with over a decade of experience with singing bowls and traveling the world learning about sound therapy in many cultures including Tibet, Nepal, India, Thailand, USA, and China. Jeff created the Vibrational Sound Association (VSA) to offer singing bowl therapy designed with the professional and practitioner in mind. Our course which is now used in Spas, Hospitals, Massage Therapy Clinics, Reiki Practices and many other organizations. The VSA is dedicated to the continued evolution of the Vibrational Sound Massage (VSM) modality. VSM is a method of professionally using singing bowls and other instruments on and around the body for therapy and relaxation. The VSA seeks to further the use of these ancient tools in a professional modern and structured modality that is an efficient relaxation and therapy system. This is a secular course with no need for any specific spiritual or religious beliefs and relies on proven methods of using sound and vibration for therapy.
March 16-22nd 2015 at the Hilton Garden Inn in Lincoln, Nebraska's Historic Haymarket district. The Hilton Garden Inn is located at 801 R St, Lincoln, NE 68508 USA
Discounted hotel rooms are available for the workshop, for $109 per night plus tax at the Hilton Garden Inn. Discounted hotel rooms can be booked through us or directly through the hotel by February 16, 2015. Reservations can be made by calling the hotel direct at 402-475-9000 and requesting the Silver Sky Imports block or just call Silver Sky Imports at 800-494-1369.
A special early registration offer is in effect
The normal cost of the intensive workshop is $1600.00 (which is a $500 savings from taking the individual courses)
Limited spaces available.
Cost: $1600 for the 7 day certification course.
This course includes full breakfast and lunch included all 7 days.
Early Bird Special until January 15, 2015 $1400 if paid in full.
Early Bird Special until February 15, 2015 $1500 if paid in full.
After the 10th of March 2015 the 7 day intensive class will be the normal price of $1600.00
What is included
- The cost of the class covers the 7 day class and all course materials with singing bowls provided for practice (therapy grade and other singing bowls will also be available for sale). Just bring yourself.
- Free products included are a pair of premium grade Tingshas ($50.00 value) and the main singing bowl(ZT900) used during all VSM sessions ($235.00 value). (These free tools are only available as a bonus for the Lincoln Nebraska class and not available at other class locations)
- The fee for the course also covers drinks and meals for Breakfast and Lunch each day of the course ($280.00+ value) Please contact us if you have specific meal requirements (vegan, gluten free, etc) Breakfast and lunch are provided each day for all of the attendees.
You may fly directly into Lincoln Nebraska (airport code LNK) only a 10 minute drive from the hotel. You may also fly into Omaha Nebraska (airport code OMA) which is a 70 minute drive from the hotel. Please contact us if you need transportation from the airport(We can arrange transportation in Lincoln for free or recommend a shuttle from Omaha). Rental cars are also available at both airports.
The hotel is located in the historic haymarket. There is no need to rent a car as many restaurants and shopping are within walking distance. There are many restaurants including Indian, Vegetarian, Japanese, American, etc. just within a few minutes walk.
Details of the Intensive Course Including VSM Level 1-4 with practitioneer certificate
Full 56 hour course includes instruction from the history and use of sound therapy and massage, the effect of the vibration on the body, the different types of bowls and how they are used, Methods of play, which tools to use with each technique to practitioner client relationship, basic business and beyond. The VSM technique is broken down into both basic and advanced levels and live demonstrations and actual VSM sessions provide the student with hands on knowledge and practice in using this relaxation technique. Basic levels cover the Sound massage itself while advanced levels delve deep into topics like binaural beats, brain entrainment, aura energy, and the Chakra systems. Further techniques are also illustrated in sound meditation and live concert performance which expand the abilities and knowledge of the practitioner. A certificate of completion will be provided to those who complete the course.
Course: VSM Level 1
- The introduction to the VSM Modality features background knowledge about the use of sound and Vibrational sound massage.
- Provides the history of sound massage and the use of singing bowls to strengthen the knowledge base of the practitioner. The history of Himalayan singing bowls is discussed and includes information on the differences between traditional Tibetan singing bowls and modern Therapeutic singing bowls.
- Demonstrations and hands on instruction on using therapeutic singing bowls in the basic VSM session.
- Covers placement of bowls on the body, assignment of bowls to locations, use of tools and techniques.
- Includes practical demonstrations in the physics of sound, and the basic Vibrational Sound Massage session.
Course: VSM Level 2
- The second level is a continuation of the first course giving the practitioner further in depth knowledge of using the Therapeutic bowls in a healing modality.
- Level 2 adds many further techniques to the Basic technique that expand and fortify the skill set of the practitioner.
- Covers advanced placement of bowls on the body, assignment of bowls to more locations, and extended use of tools and techniques.
- Includes practical demonstrations covering the techniques from the basic sound massage from level 1 with the addition of the advanced techniques from this level.
Course: VSM Level 3
- The third level is a continuation of the first two courses giving the practitioner a broader range of techniques and knowledge.
- Teaches the history and practical work with energy fields.
- Provides information regarding the Energy Fields (Aura)of the body. The Chakras are discussed in depth with a focus on the VSM modality.
- Covers Grounding and energy building, harmonizing , basic body energy movement, and digestion.
- Includes practical demonstration overview covering the techniques from the basic sound massage from level 1 and 2 with the addition of the advanced techniques from this level.
Course: VSM Level 4
- The Fourth level is the final level and contains the overview of the entire course and adds an introduction to working with the gongs .
- Gives the practitioner hands on training playing sound concerts and leading group meditations.
- Rules and regulations that relate to Vibrational Sound Massage, this level offers insights into integrating VSM into your existing practice or business.
- Final practical demonstrations covering the techniques from the basic sound massage from level 1, 2, advanced techniques from level 3 and 4 with the addition of the gongs.
- Upon completion the student is certified by the VSA, and will receive a practitioner certificate enabling them to practice the VSM method.
VSM Registration and Workshop Cancellation Policy
Since singing bowl VSM workshops fill quickly, it is advisable to sign up as soon as possible. In order to reserve a space in any workshop, we require full payment or the minimum deposit amount of $500 to reserve your space in the class. If you pay the minimum deposit then the balance is due 30 days before the scheduled course.
We rely on an accurate attendance count to make important arrangements for our workshops. If an attendee needs to withdraw from a workshop, they must inform us in writing via email or fax no later than 30 days prior to the first day of the scheduled workshop.
For any cancellations that are made more than 30 days prior the workshop, you will be charged a non-refundable administrative fee of $500 for the 7 day level 1-4 course. A full refund or credit toward a future workshop will be made if cancelled 30 days or more prior to the class.
Cancellation requests made between 7 and 30 days prior to the start of the workshop will be charged 50% of the original workshop fee. No refunds will be available for cancellations within one week or 7 days of the workshop. Please take this into consideration when you sign up for a workshop.